Great things are happening in The State of Osun!
A very successful pilot was run in 2016/2017 with a satellite centre in Lagos. We had 275 volunteer teachers, 3,750 students in 41 centres all over Osun State.
The good news is most of the students passed excellently in the WASCE, NECO and JAMB examinations!
Next, our target is to tutor 10,000 students during 2017/2018 session – you can help make this happen.
- 20 week tutoring programme
- 125 coaching centres
- 10,000 students
- 650 volunteer teachers
- 14 support admin staff
- Teaching & educational materials for all teachers and students
- Feeding of students and teachers
- Tutoring, materials and salaries: N39m
- Graduation ceremony, gifts and prizes: N6m
- Total VolunteerCorps Tutoring: N45m
The Osun cause
In 2015, Osun placed 29th out of 36 states in the national examinations. Despite several interventions, the performance of students remained low. We are working with volunteer teachers to change this through the free weekend coaching provided during term times. Find out about what we’ve been doing in Osun.
Each student will cost us N4,500. Read more on how we spend your money.